Spread across 22 Acres, Annapurna Studios showcases itself as a technically advanced and integrated film & media hub.
As a Studio, our aim is to offer a one-stop-solution for the full line of production, post-production and event services for our clients. We have newly augmented our facilities with five air-conditioned studio floors and a new Digital Intermediate facility powered by Mistika and Baselight colour grading systems.
As a production house, we aim to provide fresh & creative film & television content and our projects have witnessed recognition on a national scale.
The Annapurna group also lends its support to the Annapurna International School of Film & Media which is the first non-profit film school in India that offers government-accredited Bachelor’s, Master’s and MBA courses in Film & Media related subjects.
Annapurna Studios was established on the 13th August, 1975 by Dr. Akkineni Nageswara Rao. Dr. ANR was the catalyst in shifting the Telugu film industry from Chennai to its motherland, Hyderabad – Andha Pradesh. He, as a veteran actor, had presented a five-point plan to the state government about how to improve the Telugu Cinema industry in 1963.
Dr. ANR is the recipient of the Dada Saheb Phalke Award (1990) for his contribution to Indian Cinema. He was honored with the Padashri (1968), Padma Bhushan (1988) and Padma Vibhushan (2011) by the Government of India.
Dr. ANR has acted in over 250 films spanning 8 decades. His films include a gamut of genres including mythology, biographies, folk tale, social, adventure and drama. He is remembered for his roles in Tenali Rama Krishna, Kalidasu, Devadasu, Mayabazar, Missamma, Dr. Chakravarthi, Ardhangi, Muga Manasulu, Dasara Bullodu, Prem Nagar and Premabhishekam. A large number of his blockbusters have been dubbed & re-made into multiple Indian languages.
Although a nonagenarian, Dr. ANR continues to pursue his passion for acting. A National Award named ANR National Award was instituted in his honour. The award is given annually to recognize people for their lifetime achievements and contribution to the Indian film industry.
Note from the founder
“Cinema is our first love, and the desire to contribute to its growth has been very strong. This desire was channeled into the establishment of Annapurna Studios in 1975. Through its production, post-production and educational initiatives, Annapurna Studios has been a crucial infrastructural entity for the industry for the past four decades. With the completion of 100 years, Indian Cinema has had a very exciting run and we at the Annapurna Group are proud to be an integral part of its rich history.”
Akkineni Nageswara Rao,
Founder & Chairman
ANR (Founder & Chairman)
- Established Annapurna Studios in 1976
- Acted in over 250 films spanning 8 decades
- Recipient of Dada Saheb Phalke Award (1990), Padmashri (1968), Padma Bhushan (1988) and Padma Vibhushan (2011)
Nagarjuna Akkineni (Managing Director)
- Lead actor in over 80 films spanning 20 years
- Established entrepreneur in Media, Hospitality, Sports and Real Estate Industries
- Recipient of 2 National Film Awards, 5 Nandi Awards, 3 Filmfare Awards
- Director and stake holder of Maa TV with Sony as strategic investor
Venkat Akkineni (Managing director)
- Led Annapurna Studios since 1978
- Former head of Heart Entertainment Limited, a 2D animation services company for Hollywood
- Director on the board of The AP Film Development Corporation
- Member of the Electronic Media Advisory Board to the Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Manages the operations of Annapurna Studios and plays a very prominent role in the Film & TV Production department at Annapurna
- Active member of the Andhra Pradesh Film Producers’ Council
- Instrumental in setting up the State-of-the-art Post-Production facility at Annapurna Studios
- Successful Leader in Animation, Outsourcing and Banking Industries
- CEO of Reliance MediaWorks Ltd
- Founder & Executive Director of VenSat Tech Services
- Former CEO, Satyam BPO
- Former Managing Director / Global Head of Deutsche Bank – Europe, Singapore, India
Umapathy Rao Kasturi (CFO)
- Chartered Accountant with over 25 years of experience in handling finance function
- Handled projects from concept to completion with prudent financial management
- Actively involved in raising long and short term debt, PE funds, treasury operations, joint ventures and collaborations
- Manages the operations of Annapurna Studios
- Over 33 years of experience in the Armed Forces, IT and ITeS sectors
- COO of Vensat, a global entertainment and media company
- Former Global Head, Corporate Services at Mahindra Satyam BPO and former IT Specialist & Business Head of Datamatics Ltd
- Served as Wing Commander, Indian Air Force for 22 years between 1976 and 1998